Saturday, October 17, 2009

All is well....

It has been a week of illness but now I think everyone is well at last. Luke is on antibiotics and while home with Luke on Wednesday I got a call from the school nurse that Lily was running a fever of 100.7 so I picked her up as well. That night her fever raged up to 104.7 and scared me. I was putting cold wash cloths on her head and she kept throwing them off. It was a long night but we got her into the doctor on Thursday and although they tested her for several things, they decided it was a virus of some sort and would just run it's course. Luckily her fever went down and she stayed home with Daddy on Thursday and returned to school on Friday. Now of course after managing to stay well the entire time, I have a sore throat. I am treating it with ziacam in the hopes that it will just fade away.
The kids brought home their kindergarten pictures Friday. It just amazes me how grown up they look but Lily still has the little Minnie mouse voice.
I think Lily and I will head down to Arkansas early in the morning to see my parents while my sister is visiting them. It will be a short visit but I don't get down there often enough with everything we have going.

No comments: