Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Lily's gymnastics

Lily has been taking gymnastics at Springfield gymnastics for the past year. Yesterday they called and asked her to be on the pre-team. This means she will be in an advanced class two days a week and will compete in monthly meets starting in October. It seems awful young to be starting competition but in gymnastics, the younger the better. She just has the body (and genetics I believe) for the sport and has done very well. She will be with 4 and 5 year olds. She loves gymnastics so was pretty excited when I told her she had been selected. If I could select the sport she was to excel in, it would be gymnastics-no hot days in the sun at ballgames or cold fall mornings on the wet grass at soccor games-it is inside and I love watching the sport. I can't wait for the Olympics to start so Lily can see what it is like at the top.
Luke is at Carol's today for a half day. He looked so sad as I was leaving. He continues to make improvements every day. This morning he clearly yelled out "Bye-bye Lily!" as she was getting in the car to go to school. Last night he kept repeating the word "tramp-o-line" while jumping on the trampoline. He can now climb the ladder into the tree house by himself and runs across the swinging rope bridge after Lily. His coordination and balance have improved so much. I will probably start him in a gym class sometime this summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I keep on forgetting when I see you on Sunday morning to tell Lily congrats on the gymnastics, that is very exciting!
Hugs
Michelle