Monday, May 5, 2008

Back to work

It was back to work full time for me today. Luke went to Carol's and Lily went to preschool. I'll have to admit it was kind of nice to be among the land of adults. I kind of missed the events of work, no two days are exactly alike in the land of restaurant inspections. I came back just in time to open a new sushi restaurant named, "Su Shi" at the mall.
On Saturday I heard Luke say his first complete sentence in English. It was nothing long and technical but it was a complete sentence. I think it was "where did Lily go?" while we were at a restaurant. It caught me off guard and then it hit me, that was English. Later he was walking around the house repeating, "shoozon, shoozon." I thought it was Chinese so I asked Yue Jia what he was saying as he was searching the floor. Then it hit me, he was saying "shoes on" and was looking for them in the process so he could go outside with Ba Ba. Once I showed him where his shoes were he was a happy camper.
I also witnessed a very sweet side of Luke this weekend. Lily has never been one to play with baby dolls much but she has a couple lying around. Luke found one and I saw him carrying it around and gazing lovingly at it's face. He was walking and rocking the baby and carried it upstairs to his bed and laid it down gently and kissed it's head several times and covered it up with his blanket. He may have observed this in the orphanage or perhaps his foster home had a baby as well, but I thought it was very sweet of him. I told Lily that this is how we build good future daddy's.
Lily's preschool let us know that they may have an opening for Luke as early as June 1 and I think that would be great.

No comments: